The Historic Fairhaven Festival
|Time||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Price||FREE to attend | $ food, beverages, etc.|
|Location||the streets of Fairhaven|
|Download||+ Download Event (.ics)|
Sunday of Memorial Day weekend is when the annual and historic Ski to Sea Relay Race takes place. The race finishes at Marine Park but is celebrated in the heart of Fairhaven with a giant, ALL-DAY multi-street party--THE HISTORIC FAIRHAVEN FESTIVAL. It's the biggest and best party of the year for all ages and tastes, with:
- live music on 2 stages (see below for times and performers)
- a historic beer & wine garden (12pm-7pm)
- scores of arts & craft vendors, exhibits from nonprofits, and children's activities
- plenty of food booths with a huge variety of offerings, including old favorites and ethnic foods
- $1 rides from WWU park-n-ride and downtown to Fairhaven (see info below)
Ski to Sea Race: Throughout the day, spectators and team members can easily walk down Harris Avenue to Marine Park to find race information and photos, plus a number of exhibitors. Beginning around 2pm, spectators and other racers may view the final leg of the Ski to Sea race (kayaking across Bellingham Bay) and the ringing of the finish-line bell.
Stage at 11th Street & McKenzie Avenue:
- Noon: The Walrus
- 2:30pm: SpaceBand
- 5:00pm: Sunset Superman
Stage at Village Green:
- Noon: Chinese Silk Road Dancers
- 1:30-5:30pm: Karaoke with Seamus O’Carey; everybody and all ages are very welcome.
Extra bus service: Two different routes will be offered by Whatcom Transit Authority, in cooperation with the Historic Fairhaven Association, so you don't have to worry about parking at the festival.
- $1 per person per ride; all valid WTA passes accepted also.
- WTA’s Route 14 begins at 8:30am and ends at 6:30pm. Catch it at C-Lot on WWU’s Campus. Parking is Free. Buses will be running every 15-30 minutes.
- WTA’s Route 401 begins at 7:40am and ends at 9:15pm. Catch it at downtown’s Bellingham Station, or along State Street. Buses will be running every 30 minutes.
- For more information, call 676-RIDE or visit www.ridewta.com
JOIN ALL THE FUN TO BE HAD TODAY IN FAIRHAVEN!
Read about 2012's festival.