Fairhaven Festival: the Ski to Sea Party
Sun, May 25, 2014
|Time||10:00am - 7:00pm|
|Download||+ Download Event (.ics)|
The Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, is the annual and historic Ski to Sea Relay Race, which finishes at Marine Park but is celebrated in the heart of Fairhaven with a giant, ALL-DAY multi-street party--the biggest and best of the year: THE HISTORIC FAIRHAVEN FESTIVAL.
The festival features include:
- live music by up to10 bands and on 2 stages (accoustic at the Village Green; variety of genres at the Main Stage)
- a historic beer garden (12pm-6:30pm)
- over 50 different arts and craft vendors, plus special exhibits and children's fun
- plenty of food booths with a huge variety of offerings,
- $3 for all day shuttles from WWU park-n-ride to Fairhaven and downtown locations (see below)
**Throughout the day: From Fairhaven, spectators and team members can easily walk down Harris Avenue to Marine Park to view the final leg of the Ski to Sea race (kayaking across Bellingham Bay) and the ringing of the finish line bell. At the park even before the finishers start coming in, you’ll find race information, photos, and a number of exhibitors, including some great Fairhaven businesses.
A shuttle, presented by Whatcom Events & Historic Fairhaven Association, will be running about 11am-8pm* so you don't have to worry about parking!
- $3 per person to ride all day; tickets for sale on buses.
- Two separate routes: 1-WWU (C lot by the Rec Center) to Fairhaven; 2-Downtown (Boundary Bay Brewery) goes to Zuanich (Coho/Roeder Drive) or Fairhaven (12th & McKenzie).
- Shuttle departs from each location approximately every 15 minutes from 11:00am - 8:00pm (*except Zuanich, last shuttle leaves at 6 pm). Last shuttle departs Fairhaven at 8:00pm to WWU & Downtown.
JOIN ALL THE FUN TO BE HAD TODAY IN FAIRHAVEN!
Read about 2012's festival.